Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Were Home!
It's hard for us to believe, but Peyton is home, trach free no less. We do love our friends at the hospital, Nurse Betsy, who is the absolute best nurse we have ever had, Dr Allen and his great Team and all the others who care so much about Peyton, but like many other places it's a nice place to visit, you just never want to live there. It is great to be home and so much sooner than we were planning, without all of the post surgical issues we thought we were going to have to contend with. Peyton's doing so well, she's sleeping good and it is so strange hearing this little persons voice around the house, I keep thinking who's kid is that that I keep hearing, but then I smile and get tears in my eyes as it occurs to me, that's our baby! We have been waiting a year and a half for this, and it's been a long road, but to make sure Peyton is as healthy as possible, I'd say it's been well worth it. We arrived home last night a little after 7:00, and first thing, Peyton had a Popsicle, not like she was neglected a didn't have any at the hospital... but she just loves them. And It's a good thing I like them too since she doesn't eat very much and somebody has to help minimize the waste. Hey, it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it (and I'm not about to turn this job over to an illegal alien, this American is Proud to do this job). Along with all of the great care Peyton always receives at the hospital, we really appreciate all of the continuing love, prayers and support we have received from everyone who cares so much about our little Peyton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so impressed with how you make me laugh with your wit and humor under such difficult situations. Peyton is such a lucky little girl to have been born to such wonderful parents. Now the fun begins...soon, the no's will start and I want this and that...but I am sure at this point you are willing to take it all on. Take care and continue keeping us all posted as to all of your family's progress. Our prayers will continue to be with you.
WOW! GREAT! FABULOUS! WONDERFUL! What a great story. You should write a book, or make a movie. I know that Dorothy & Earl, David & Mary Jo, Linnie & George, Mary Louise, Sandy, Richard & Britt and everyone else on this side of your extended, blended, loving family join me in rejoicing with you on this good news.
Don’t be surprised if Peyton soon marches in and says “ I have SO MUCH I have been wanting to say to you!”
Love, Harley
Post a Comment