Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Here's What's Happining

Oh my, where does the time go? It’s been very busy, Peyton is doing so well, you wouldn’t guess she ever had a trach. She is making so much noise and is practically saying ‘MaMa’. It is just so great to hear her as she sure has a lot of catching up to do. She has a strong outside voice that she loves to use inside (must get that from her moms side). Things at home are still very busy Yolanda has her hands full with what seems to be a new overly energized baby, really, Peyton seems to have a much bigger spark than she had a few weeks ago, and I thought she was so full of life before, you should see her now. We had our first tornado sighting the weekend before last, we took cover in the basement until it was all clear, fortunately there wasn’t any damage to report. Peyton wasn’t to sure what was going on, but she knew something wasn’t right, didn’t seem to like having someone wake her from her nap to go to the basement. Aaron and Hannah are back in school, Aaron was off last week for the DNC. Although that went better than anyone would have predicted, I did get last minute credentials to Obama’s Acceptance Speech, as it was a historic event, I’m just really glad I didn’t get tickets for the whole family. The long time-consuming walk, security and crowds, lets just say I’m perfectly happy not being divorced. Although we did secure our tickets to see McCain and Palin in Colorado Springs this coming Saturday fresh from the RNC, I just need to convince Hannah that this is more important than her soccer game. We can make this a real family outing (wish me luck, she’s eleven). Maybe John McCain will kiss our little Peyton, politicians just love kissing hands and shaking babies (that might not be in the right order).

Yolanda is party planning as we have Aaron’s 18th birthday coming up (although eighteen may not be as big of a deal as it once was, he can already be charged as an adult, he will get to vote and sign up for the draft of course drinking is still another three years away). If that’s not enough, Yolanda is working on hosting a party for Peyton, kind of a ‘Welcome to this is more of how life really should be’ celebration. Although I look at this as a joint party to share with Yolanda as a ‘Welcome back to life outside of your bedroom’ sort a thing. To welcome her back to the real world and thank her for everything she has sacrificed and endured over the last year and a half, not that she wouldn’t do it again, I just love her. So until next time, enjoy these recent pictures.

Peyton without her trach


Tornado looks closer that it was

Peyton's first press conference at the Presidential Experience
.

"I think I should have two binkies"


No comments: