Peyton and Yolanda spent the night at The Children’s Hospital July 9th, this was for her Acid Reflux test. The results were much better than we had expected, there wasn’t any acid reflux detected in the 24 hour period, which would indicate the medication is working. Upon these results, we were able to schedule Peyton’s surgery for August 8, 2008, this is the procedure to correct her Subglottic Stenosis (her narrow windpipe) thus the removal of the Trach. This happens to be the day of the opening ceremonies for the 2008 Olympics in China, I bring this up only because I need the distractions, as I can’t stand thinking about what we have to do. Therefore, as we are trying to gear up for this, Peyton comes down with what appears to be a cold, Yolanda took her to the doctor last Tuesday, July 29th, and she has her first ear infection. I’m amazed that with all of Peyton’s other issues, she has never had an ear infection. So were told her surgery would be postponed for at lest 6 weeks, however, after the surgeon reviewed her case he only postponed for one week, so we are scheduled for August 15th. As this doctor is her Ear Nose and Throat Specialist, we trust he knows what he is doing. We expect Peyton will be in the hospital for a minimum of two weeks and will have two surgical procedures, but she goes in with the Trach, and comes home with out it. And by delaying this a week, this assures Peyton and Yolanda will be safe in the hospital during the Democratic National Convention that’s here in Denver the last week in August (distraction). That’s kayos only I will have to endure while working Downtown only a few blocks from the Pepsi Center, and it’s rumored, Barack Hussein not gonna drill Obama will be staying in the very building I work in, as my office is above the Marriott City Center. The Illinois Delegation is staying here. Although I’ve also heard he will be staying at the Hyatt as it is the only union hotel in town, so who knows… I’m just glad we will be getting Peyton’s Major Medical procedures out of the way before, God forbid, Obama gets elected and totally screws up what good health care we currently have. Although I’m excited to be in the city to witness the self destruction of Obama and his Democratic Party, we can only hope he starts to implode before the election. I don’t mean to get off on a political rant here, but keep in mind, this blog is about Peyton and I have the responsibility to do everything in my power to protect her and to make sure she is afforded every last opportunity that she deserves to have an incredible life. Making the right decisions in November is only a small speck of the very responsibility Yolanda and I have chosen to take on, but important, nonetheless. If it helps, I can assure you my father is riding shotgun on the McCain Bandwagon. So as they say in Chicago, vote early, vote often. Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong. Stay tuned for more updates, as we get closer to Peyton’s Surgery. But for now, here are a few recent pictures.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think we are on the same bandwagon in regards to Obama. I'll bring the chips, if you will bring the soda. I am so glad to hear that Peyton will soon be free of the tube. She seems to be thriving in spite of all that she has had to endure. Luckily, she will probably not remember the specifics, but may not ever be too fond of doctors and hospitals. Take care and thanks for keeping us posted on your family's progress.
Post a Comment