Yolanda and her mother took Peyton to see her Primary Care Doctor on Tuesday to make sure she is past the ear infection and healthy enough for surgery. Not only is the ear infection cleared up, she is as healthy as she can be. Yolanda took extra good care in trying to help Peyton avoid any other illnesses that may have been floating around the hospital. We are scheduled for surgery Friday at 12:00PM so we have to be there at 10:00 AM and of course, Peyton can’t eat anything after midnight. Last week when Yolanda and I changed Peyton’s trach, she coughed while the trach was out, and we were able to hear her little voice, a sound I haven’t heard since the moments after she was born. She is making a lot more noise, that she is able to control, she has figured out that she can force air around the trach and makes some squeaking noises almost a scream and she has become quite good at it. She will do it when she wants to get your attention or when you ask her to make her noise. So I think she will be excited once this is all over, I know I cannot wait. Although, being able to see the Opening Ceremonies from Beijing made it worth postponing a week, absolutely unbelievable! How does anybody top that? I don’t know if it can be done, China has thrown down the gauntlet, and from here on, everything will be compared to China 2008.
Just a side note, we will have a laptop at the hospital and will be updating this blog as events unfold. So, for the next couple of weeks we will not be sending a blast e-mail to inform you of the updates, you’ll be on your own.
This is the face of a little girl who has no idea how her life is about to change.



1 comment:
You guys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers today and always. I know it cannot be easy having to do this today, but it is going to change her life immensely. Stay strong, God is watching out for her.
Post a Comment